Position – Professional, Engineering – Aircraft Loads
Company – Bombardier
Location – Toronto, ON, CA
Description – BOMBARDIER
Bombardier is a global leader, in creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy, efficiency, reliability, and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will:
- Perform engineering analyses and simulations to compute aircraft design loads, in support of new aircraft design studies and continued airworthiness of in-service aircraft,
- Use a large range of commercial and in-house tools, including a six-degree-of-freedom aircraft simulator
- Use engineering judgment to perform Verification and Validation of analysis results
- Prepare and maintain finite element model for loads analysis
- Maintain, develop and document methods and in-house software
- Support and interact with other engineering disciplines such as Flight Characteristics, Structures, Mass Properties, Systems, Fly-By-Wire, Landing Gear and Flight Test
- Support aircraft landing gear development, analysis and test.
- Support flight testing and post-process engineering results
- Support in-service engineering to return aircraft to service
- Document analyses and findings in engineering certification reports and presentations (English)
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred) degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering with an Aerospace specialization. Higher education would be an asset.
- You have relevant aerospace industry experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience related to external loads analyses in the aerospace industry
- You have a good understanding of aircraft structures
- You have experience with finite element models and analysis, Nastran is an asset
- You have experience programming in Matlab, Python, Fortran, or C/C++
- You have knowledge in aircraft flight dynamics and performance.
- You have familiarity with fly-by-wire systems and control laws
- You have some experience in aeroelastic analyses
- You are eligible to acquire Canadian Controlled Goods Clearance
- You have some knowledge of Airworthiness Regulations
- You have good organizational skills in planning work activities and completing tasks within budget/schedule, and can work under pressure
- You have good analytical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills both written and spoken
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigration status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.