Position – Mechanical designer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Mechanical designer, reporting to Product engineering manager, and being a part of Motion–Drive Products in Bangalore, India. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for Mechanical design and Quality control of low voltage drives of the Motion Business Area in Bangalore and will maintain the design of products and manufacturing.
- Responsible for the Mechanical design of the product and its parts for low-voltage drives. Create and maintain 3D modeling and drawings utilizing auto cad and solid edge.
- Localization of the component with support from supply chain management
- Manage projects to reduce cost, and assuring the quality of new and existing designs
- Participate in developing new solutions as well as defining and implementing new ideas for mechanical design in collaboration with global groups
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing and Purchasing
- A high level of independence and responsibility for the tasks entrusted
- Ability to work in a team and adapt to the tasks assigned
- Strong motivation, willingness to learn, expand knowledge and technical skills
- Quality control of incoming material for production from the supplier
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering with 3 years of working experience in mechanical design
- Auto cad design capability
- 3D mechanical design capability and proficiency in Solid Edge, Creo, or other 3D programs are required.
- Knowledge in sheet metal design and production and experience in understanding heat dissipation in air-cooled equipment are highly preferred.
- Experience with switchgear designs, industrial control panel layout Experience Low Voltage products
- Quality control experience will be an added advantage
More about us
ABB Drive Products is a technology leader serving industries, infrastructure, and machine builders with world-class drives and soft starters. With our products, global scale, and local presence, we help our customers to improve energy efficiency, productivity, and safety. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make a difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. Work model: on-site #LI-onsite