Position – Associate Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for Associate Mechanical Design & Analysis Engineerto join their team in Bangalore, Karnataka. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA), Boeing Defense, Space and Security (BDS) and Boeing Global Services (BGS) business organizations.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead & structural analysts to develop the mechanical designs that will work in defined structural environment, characteristics and performance.
- This position will be responsible to support mechanical design and analysis of wide range of mechanical structures and products.
- This position will be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with team members in Boeing organizations and shall provide periodic update on project progress, quality metrics, project summaries, and other related documents.
- In this role, the Engineer will work independently with minimum supervision to come up with conceptual and detailed designs based on the requirements. And Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- This position will participate and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement etc.
- This position will be located in Boeing India Engineering and Technology Center, Bangalore, India.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor Or Master degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical, Civil disciplines
- Fresher graduates shall be considered for this position based on matching skillsets
- 1-4 Years of relevant Work experience.
- Knowledge of structural design, mechanical design, material properties, awareness of Industry standards for structural and mechanical systems design.
- Knowledge of CAD Tools (CATIA, Creo, Unigraphics /NX) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
- Able to work under guidance with positive attitude and highest ethics.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Good knowledge of New Product development process.
- Knowledge of basics of stress analysis.
- Basic understanding of aircraft certification processes and lifecycle.
- Good understanding of GD&T
- Knowledge of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- Able to verify accuracy of technical and non-technical data. Gathers relevant data for root cause analysis and produces changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world.
Typical Education & Experience(Required):
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 1 or more years’ up to 5 years of related work experience or a Master’s degree with up to 4 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.