Position – Design Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a Design Engineer role, reporting to Engineering manager in motion division located in Bangalore. This is a Design Engineer (Mechanical Engineer) role in Business Area – Motion located in Bangalore Location. Responsible creating mechanical designs that require knowledge of IS/IEC standards applicable for motors & generators to effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Also, will proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
- Utilize 2D and 3D modeling to create special mechanical designs in engineered to order projects.
- Review mechanical bill of material accuracy and work with project engineers to achieve desired mechanical component ordering.
- Ensure all designs work to meet company, industry and customer’s technical standards/requirements (i.e. IS. IEC, NEMA, ANSI, IEEE, customer project specifications, etc.).
- Perform tolerance and mechanical stress analysis as necessary.
- Support mechanical designs for New Product Introductions.
- Address manufacturing concerns or questions related to mechanical designs and/or bill of materials.
- Provide feedback and solutions to project managers and project engineers to meet customer needs.
- Create and document standards for mechanical designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering 4+ years of relevant experience is preferred.
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience in Customer Application Engineering, or Mechanical Design.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and specifically with Casting, steel or fabrication.
- Proficient with AutoCAD (recent version) or equivalent computer aided design platform. Computer Aided Design certification or degree preferred.
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite