BOEING is Hiring | Design and Analysis Engineer |
Position – Associate Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for one Associate Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer to join their team in Bengaluru, India. These positions will focus on supporting the Boeing Research & Technology organization. Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is based in Bangalore, India and is engaged in the development and support of advanced aerospace and aviation technologies, products, and services. Boeing Research & Technology-India is part of Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC, based in Bangalore) focused on innovation, and developing and transitioning new technologies in support of Boeing products and services. We work across the complete product lifecycle of Boeing’s commercial aircraft, military aircraft, rotorcraft, space vehicles, UAVs, and advanced vehicle prototypes. We provide innovative support for our current and future products and services, act as global scouts for innovative technologies, and solve our customers’ most difficult technology challenges.
Boeing Research & Technology, India, which is located at Bangalore has a tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab, which identifies opportunities to lower cost of airplane components and subsystems, simplify designs, or take advantage of newer technologies or manufacturing methods. The lab performs physical and virtual teardown of aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and parts, bottom up should costing of assemblies and reverse engineering of parts. Additionally the lab assists in aircraft part qualification testing through, teardown, inspection and reassembly.
A successful candidate will be working in Tear down, reverse engineering and should cost lab in small teams of 3 to 5 people to perform physical or virtually tear down of airplane parts into their respective pre-manufactured/pre-assembled set of components to enable Reverse Engineering and should cost analysis. This position is for engineer with a background in Metrology, 3D Design, Mechanical Manufacturing and Assembly Processes. The engineer will use Reverse Engineering technology and resources to enable Boeing to support its businesses to leverage Boeing’s unique access to 3D data to maintain a competitive advantage on OEM and non OEM programs.
- Use sophisticated tools to perform Design Recovery on parts to generate and hand-off baseline design information to Designers across the globe.
- Develop and maintain relationships/partnerships with Boeing internal customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to develop collaborative plans and execute on projects.
- Work with metrology & inspection processes, computer aided measurement systems, portable measurement tools, dimensional measurement software and product modeling software
- Develop should cost models for supplier components or engineered parts.Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving
- Use the teardown and should cost information in order to introduce value capture opportunities for the company.
- Knowledge of 3-D Computer Aided Design methods and CAD tools such as CATIA and/or other design methods
- Experience in Reverse Engineering and Hand on Experience in Teardown and Analysis of Mechanical Assemblies
- Experience with portable metrology systems, computer aided measurement systems, traditional metrology/measurement tools and software such as Polyworks.
- Knowledge of aerospace design, manufacturing and assembly processes/techniques.
- Knowledge of developing cost models and DFM. Understanding of the cost & design trades required to develop and document complex mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of aerospace design, manufacturing and assembly processes/techniques
- Self-starter who is not afraid to pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work.
- Strong written, oral, presentation and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and familiar with MS Office tools
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills.Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 to 3 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 1 to 2 years’ related work experience, etc.).
- 2 to 3 years’ work experience in reverse engineering, value engineering, DFA, DFM, design or manufacturing
- Working knowledge and demonstrated capability in performing part reverse engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 to 3 years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 1 to 2 years’ related work experience, etc.).Button text
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.