Position – Associate Systems Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing’s values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company’s commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Boeing Talent Acquisition is currently looking for Associate Systems Engineer to join their team in Bangalore, India. This is for a systems engineering (SE) position in the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) team. As a member of this SEIT team, you will be supporting for System development of high-integrity support systems; Development Assurance (ARP4754A); Validation & Verification and traceability of Tier 2-5 Requirements. Also, you will be supporting on Systems design, system level requirements development, Decomposing system requirements to lower level requirements, hardware/Software unit level testing, and supports FAA certification documents.
A successful candidate will focus on working directly with the core Systems Engineering team, reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager
- Contribute to Development and Review of high-integrity support systems requirements, preferably in Aerospace domain.
- Knowledge on development Assurance (ARP4754A).
- Create Interface control Drawings, understand wiring diagrams, mechanical 2D/3D design models.
- Knowledge on System test procedures and DO 160/MIL STD 810 Qualification test procedures.
- Basic knowledge on DO 254/DO178C compliant System level testing.
- Perform Requirements Management in DOORS.
- Applies an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop and verify a lifecycle balanced system of systems and system solutions.
- Coordinates with engineering functions to define requirements and other specialty engineering groups.
- Participates in developing the planning, implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk, issues, opportunity management and technology readiness assessment processes.
- Present requirement, design and/or development revision and changes to formal change boards.
- Support in testing and validation to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Basic understanding of DO 254/DO178C standards is mandatory.
- Working knowledge on MIL STD 810 & MIL STD 461 requirement is required.
- Exposure to Systems testing knowledge.
- Hands on Experience on IBM Rational DOORS in Requirements Management is preferred.
- Exposure on System design of Avionics LRU components is preferred.
- Familiarity of Reliability calculations such as FMEA, FTA and Reliability Tools is an added advantage.
- Strong Written, verbal communication with engineers, management, and non-engineering support staff.
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment.
- Basic knowledge of FAA certification and airworthiness requirements is highly desired.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in test planning, setup, test development, execution, conducting tests in a lab or production environment
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in performing design, integration, and/or testing on avionics sub-systems, performing environmental testing (for example, Thermal Cycling and Vibration)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Test processes of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCAs)
- Must have a minimum of 1 year experience with Automated Test Equipment (ATE) Setup/Programming
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelors Engineering degree, Preferably Electronics/Aeronautical/Electrical / Systems Engineering and typically 3 -5 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 1+ years’ of related work experience etc.).
This position Offers Relocation. Relocation Benefits are limited to in-country moves only