Position – Mechanical Design Engineer (Design Group)
Company – Barry Wehmiller Companies Inc
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Job Description:Job Description:
- Seeking an experienced Design Engineer who is highly motivated to join our team. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing projects for industrial facilities with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and experienced designers to design power distribution, motor control, and lighting systems for industrial facilities. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Designs, models, and tests prototypes for products using Revit MEP
- Conducts research and creates design proposals for projects. Establishes design briefs.
- Creates concepts, performance, and production criteria. Identifies and selects materials needed for production.
- Produces final hand drawings and specifications.
- Creates parts lists.
- Lists costs involved in production.
- Makes samples of working models for demonstration.
- Plans marketing initiatives for product.
- Negotiates appropriate production processes.
- Improves usability of an item using Revit MEP
- Uses computer-aided design (CAD) to design concepts.
- Other duties assigned
- Design of Single Line Diagrams, Interconnect diagrams, Power layouts, Wiring diagrams, cable trays and Electrical location layouts in Revit
- 3+ years experience in areas such as low and medium voltage power, easy power, load flow analysis, and electrical engineering drawings in the High Tech industry.
- Strong understanding of Design/Build (Engineering and Construction
- Experience with electrical as-built drawings that are incorporated into master CAD drawings
- Revit MEP 3D modeling, Sheets preparation, and AutoCAD.
- Experienced in using Revit for MEP 3D modeling projects and preparation of GA drawings, Detailed drawing extraction.
- Experience reviewing and updating electrical system models
- Experience with CAD support on projects
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication including generating reports and conducting group presentations.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.