Position – Associate Mechanical Design and Analysis Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful, and inclusive, with great opportunities for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing’s LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and the future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrive when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
Boeing India Engineering is looking for an Associate Mechanical Design and analysis Engineer to join their team in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
A successful candidate will understand collaboration and shall work with the Engineering Manager, Project lead, and aerospace Mechanical Design and Systems expert to develop or optimize the designs, and engineering process, analyze the supplier quality issues, and support innovative technologies and digital initiatives.
- You will execute one or more projects independently without supervision
- You will support to execution of end-to-end project management, including some configuration management and change control
- You will execute mechanical design and analysis of a wide range of mechanical structures, systems, and other aircraft /Aerospace components.
- You will convert the customer requirements to project deliverables and define suitable processes to achieve the desired results/outcome.
- You will support in building statements of work, estimates, resource plans, and schedules
- You will pro-actively seek information and direction to complete the work statement
- You will apply the use of design automation (e.g., knowledge-based engineering [KBE], parametrized relational design, macros)
- You will work well in domestic and global teams in a modern innovative and collaborative environment.
- You shall think out of the box and apply problem-solving skills to find solutions appropriately.
- You will gather relevant data for root cause analysis and produce changes to resolve the discrepancies in design packages.
- You will take part in and support initiatives of Boeing India organization related to engineering excellence, employee development, customer engagement, etc.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical, or equivalent disciplines)
- An Engineering degree and 2 to 5 years related work experience or a Master’s degree and 1 to 3 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- You shall have experience in structural design, mechanical design, and material properties.
- You shall have an awareness of industry standards, aircraft requirements, design, and certification.
- You shall have experience in aerospace material selection, drawing (Drawing or MBD creation), processes (finishing and heat treatment) specifications, and performing analyses like tolerance stack up, engineering, or product quality investigation analyses.
- You shall have experience in developing designs using CAD Tools (Unigraphics /NX, CATIA, Creo,) for Modeling, Drafting & Model Based Definition is essential.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- You shall have experience in design and development as part of New Product development, process redesign, and in-service design investigations.
- You shall have experience in assigning GD&T and the ability to understand the development rationale for supplier designs and change proposals.
- You shall have experience in Model-Based Engineering using tools like 3DX etc.,
- You shall have experience in the use of PDM/PLM tools such as ENOVIA or Team Center.
- You shall have knowledge of data analytics, data interpretation, and data visualization using MS Excel
- You shall be able to work with a cross-functional team and work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing stakeholders around the world.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor’s) and typically 2 to 5 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+ 1 to 3 years related work experience etc.)
This position does offer relocation within INDIA
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse, and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.