Position – Asst. Manager – Mfg (Engine Machining)
Company – Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
Responsibilities & Key Deliverables
- Handling Process Issues/Quality issues Resolution related to casting [crank case & cylinder head) machining manufacturing.
- Handling shift manpower(operators) in the machine shop working on VMC, HMC & SPM machines.
- Awareness and knowledge of CNC programming on HMC, and VMC.
- Capacity improvements through debottlenecking and improvements with zero rejection.
- Latest technology changes, cutting tool materials, and geometries.
- Identification of Tool life improvement projects or replacement of tools with alternate technology.
- Defect identification and root cause analysis.
- New model Machining set up, line setup, and ramp up.
- Revenue cost reduction initiatives for implementation and practice Improvement idea generation and implementation.
- Driving tool cost reduction, Power cost Reduction, and productivity improvement projects.
- Interaction with all support functions and concern resolution with the help of CFT.
- Maintain safety culture.
- Develop a continuous improvement culture.
- Knowledge of quality systems and adherence through review.
- Benchmark best practices across other plants and industries for manufacturing excellence.
- Knowledge of PFMEA, Control Plan.
Preferred Industries – Automobile, Tractor
- Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Technology/Diploma – Mechanical/Production
- 2-7 years
Mahindra Leadership Competencies
- Strategic Business Orientation_Business Perspective
- Customer Focus_Service Orientation
- Innovation Led Transformation _Idea Orientation
- Result in Orientation with Execution Excellence_Passion for Quality
- Result Orientation with Execution Excellence_Accountability for results
- Result in Orientation with Execution Excellence_Agility with discipline
- Leveraging Human Capital_Exponential Synergy
- Weaving Passion and Energy at Work_Learning from Failures
System Generated Core Skills
- Analytical Thinking
- Communication Skills
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Quality System
- CNC Programming
- Process Knowledge – Machining
- VMC Machine
- HMC Machine