Position – Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company – BOEING
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing is the world’s largest (Per Boeing LinkedIn page) aerospace company and a leading provider of commercial airplanes, defense, space, and security systems, and global services. Building on a legacy of over a century of innovation and leadership, Boeing continues to lead the way in technology and innovation, customer delivery, and investment in its people and future growth of aerospace.
In India, Boeing has been a strong partner to the Indian aerospace and defense sectors for more than 75 years. People at Boeing have been supporting mission readiness and modernization of India’s defense forces, and enabling connected, safer, and smarter flying experiences, in the sky, in the seas, and in space.
Technology for today and tomorrow
The Boeing India Engineering & Technology Center (BIETC) is a 3000+ diverse engineering workforce that contributes to global aerospace growth. Our engineers deliver cutting-edge R&D, innovation, and high-quality engineering work in global markets, and leverage new-age technologies such as AI/ML, IIoT, Cloud, Model-Based Engineering, and Additive Manufacturing, shaping the future of aerospace.
At Boeing, we believe creativity and innovation thrives when every employee is trusted, empowered, and has the flexibility to choose, grow, learn, and explore. We offer variable arrangements depending upon business and customer needs, and professional pursuits that offer greater flexibility in the way our people work. We also believe that collaboration, frequent team engagements, and face-to-face meetings bring diverse perspectives and thoughts – enabling every voice to be heard and every perspective to be respected. No matter where or how our teammates work, we are committed to positively shaping people’s careers and being thoughtful about employee wellbeing.
At Boeing, we are inclusive, diverse, and transformative.
With us, you can create and contribute to what matters most in your career, community, country, and world. Join us in powering the progress of global aerospace.
The Boeing India Engineering is currently looking for an Manufacturing Engineer to join the Boeing India Engineering Team located at Bangalore, India.
This team has been developed to create growth and development opportunities for the employees in multiple domains (Electrical, Mech Design, Systems Engineering, Technical publications) and fostering execution excellence for the organization. For the employees, it positions them for further career growth through assignments and trainings. For the organization, it helps build ready-now agile teams who are able to work across different domains and projects.
- Integrates producibility & manufacturability knowledge, information and requirements into the acquire and define program phases as the designated Integrated Product Team (IPT) interface.
- Conceptualizes, designs and manages the program architecture for build. Defines, develops and implements the manufacturing plan and represents the program as the primary manufacturing integrator throughout the acquire, define, produce and support phases of the product life cycle.
- Assists in the implementation of Lean principles and technologies. Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers, IPTs and internal customers to develop products, skills, knowledge and experience.
- Interfaces with professional associations, suppliers and internal and external customers to implement program initiatives
- Hands on experience of ENOVIA/ CATIA, CREO, UG NX or SolidWorks would be preferable
- Experience in manufacturing systems such as DELMIA PE and/or Product Data Manager (PDM)/CAPP
- Knowledge of NC Programming will be an added advantage
- Model Based Definitions, Model Based Instructions, VB scripting would be preferred
- Drafting: Proficiency in drafting standards (ANSI Y14.5M-2009), GD&T, design for manufacturability
- Design: Awareness of different materials used in aerospace industry and related finishes & coating processes, Material Selection
- Good knowledge of Engineering Fundamentals for mechanical design of simple aerospace components with awareness on aerospace materials, manufacturing processes and heat treatments etc.
- Experience working with global experts in engineering & manufacturing in cross culture performance and hands on / coordination experience working in factory environment
- Propose solutions to routine technical problems of Manufacturing process planning
- Be a self-starter, able to work with minimum supervision, positive attitude and highest ethics
- Pro-actively seek information and direction to successfully complete the statement of work
- Must be able to work collaboratively with very strong teaming skills. Must be willing to work flexible hours (early or late as needed) to interface with Boeing personnel around the world
- Develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and partners to deploy collaborative plans and execute on projects
- Awareness of AS9100 D quality management system
- Good analytical approach for problem solving, driving the innovations with speed and agility.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams within Boeing and external partners
- Demonstrate strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. Be fluent in written and spoken English, and have high degree of proficiency with MS Office tools
- Bachelor degree in engineering, preferably in Mechanical / Aerospace / Aviation / Production Engineering from an accredited university with 2-4 or years’ experience in aerospace domain
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.