Position – Engineer II
Bell Textron Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Familiarity with AS9100 Quality Systems, with the implementation or other applicable professional experience.
- Experience in supplier approvals from a quality standpoint, Initial supplier quality audits, annual quality audits, process audits, driving sub tier management activities.
- Collate and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement and opportunities.
- Inspection exposure of various aerospace manufacturing processed parts such as sheet metal/Composites, machining, and assemblies.
- Strong knowledge and ability to promote the use of preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Root Cause Analysis, Lean, Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Statistical process control (SPC), and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Weekly supplier quality-related reporting, Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and suggest solutions for any non-conformity relating to the product, process, or system.
- Interface with Engineering, Production, and Supply chain to drive Quality improvements that minimize the Cost of Quality.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding quality issues with all customers/suppliers (Internal and External) in a timely manner
- Preparation of various inspection plans like Receiving Inspection, FAI, and LAI plans.
- As per business need willing to travel supplier locations within India and abroad.
- Should be flexible to work in the office and shop floor environment based on the business need.
Note: These statements are intended to describe the general nature of the job and are intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and duties.
- Good knowledge of aerospace sheet metal/composite, aerospace structures/assemblies, and precision machining manufactured parts and processes, use the above expertise to execute and lead robust root cause and corrective action.
- Ability to clearly interpret quality/engineering specifications, Proficient reading, and understanding of engineering drawings, GD & T and Bill of Material, skills of Precision part measurements and interpreting CMM/laser tracker reports.
- Assertiveness and excellent verbal and written communication skills, work well with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in CATIA-V6 and SAP preferred MS Office proficiency required.
- Knowledge and experience in Tool design and Methods an added advantage.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent in Mechanical/Production/Industrial or Aeronautical Engineering with 4 to 6 years of experience in Aerospace Manufacturing Industry, Handling Quality inspections.
Job Field Quality
- Primary Location India-Mylasandra-Bangalore
- Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
- Schedule Full-time
- Job Level Individual Contributor
- Shift First Shift