Position – Project Engineer- Std Engineering
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
To align the different activities in the Engineering Department at Dapodi Plant (Pune), we are looking for the Project Engineer Std Engineering who will report to Manager Engineering GPP.
To support and act as an active team member of the cross-departmental teams for product development. You should have a very high affinity towards engineering product design and development. You should be very interested and creative to be able to design and develop quality products at the lowest possible cost.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Air compressors as specified in Master Specifications.
- Be part of an OFA (GPP) engineering team to develop new products based on the design from the division, to follow-up and further localize the products currently in production, against the committed time, cost, and quality requirements.
- Be part of a GPP Engineering Team, which has the ambition to be excellent in designing and manufacturing Atlas Copco compressors
- Focus on cost reductions and lead special cost reduction projects as decided in the OFA PCM.
- Make VK and PK costs transparent for all GPP products produced in Dapodi Plant. Concentrate on consolidated cost pictures.
- Take the lead to expand the export business out of India and lead these export projects in close cooperation with OFA Division in Antwerp.
- Work closely together with the sourcing department for designed parts.
- Releasing all engineering drawings and specifications through the system.
- Analyze the critical components of the machine and draw the specifications in the design phase.
- Execute the design work in the framework of the Atlas Copco guidelines.
- Follow and document the design status as specified in the NPD process.
- Take initiatives and bring in creative ideas to control and reduce the cost of new and existing products.
- Active participation in PTM, TCM for NPD, production issues, and field issues.
- Co-ordination with Airpower teams is necessary and should able to run projects with divisional requirements.
What you can expect from us?
- Pro-active, positive team player with good interpersonal skills, strong in communication, and people-oriented who thrives on working in a dynamic, complex and multicultural business environment.
- Self-motivated, independent, flexible, well-organized, and methodical.
- Accurate and diligent with awareness to speed up execution within a pressurized environment.
- Customer-oriented to be able to establish relations and networks with people inside and outside the organization.
- Result-driven: have a drive for results, which means that you put in the ambition and the effort to achieve results and accept accountability.
- Creativity: Ability to come up with solutions to exceptional problems outside the box.
- Have a Customer-Centric Mindset
What we expect of you?
- Minimum 5-7 years product design and development experience in mechanical engineering.
- Proven experience on OFA products (Oil screws, Oil Free screws, Turbomachines, Pistons machines)
- Should have good knowledge of Atlas Copco products, NPD process.
- Should have very good analytical skills.
- Should possess a good knowledge of manufacturing & qualification processes for compressor parts.
- Should be conversant with Atlas Copco standards, design, and drawing methodology.
- Should interact with suppliers and visit them whenever necessary
- Should be conversant with Office 365.
- Experience working within the Airpower organization in Antwerp is a big asset.
- Engineering Graduate- Mechanical Engineering.
- Post-graduation is an added advantage
- Good communication skills in the English language (verbal and written)
- Solid understanding and mature user of O365 and digitalization tools.
- Able to work independently with mechanical/electrical CAD drawing software (AutoCAD and Inventor)
- BPCS Knowledge must.
- Knowledge of design and development of compressors
- New Product Development in line with the Atlas Copco group, CtP process.
- Strong technical knowledge of engineered gas compression systems and installations.
- Able to work within a time frame in line with management requirements.
- Able to plan and organize effectively with the right sense of urgency.
- Customer focus is a must.
Start a journey of endless opportunities
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and great ideas enable us to innovate for the future.
We believe that passionate people make it happen. You are a brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. With us you drive your own professional journey and you are empowered to act.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.