Position – Procurement Engineer
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Mission of Excellence in Procurement involves
- On-time in Full Delivery of parts
- Zero Production loss
- Effective Transport management
- Manager – Procurement
- Procurement of production components (based on allocated commodity) at right time
- Release purchase orders in time for material requirement to the vendors as per the production plan
- Follow up with vendors for material shortages as per pending orders statement, missed KANBANS and visit them whenever required.
- Resolving document discrepancy issues of suppliers at warehouse
- Co-ordinate with planning, sourcing, 3PL & other functions in manufacturing for timely actions related to production materials.
- Process advance payments to suppliers in time to avoid delay in supplies
- Raise debit claims for production losses on time for supplier non-performance
- Work as per group guidelines & ‘The way we do things’
- Transport Management
- Coordinate with Transporters for milk run supplies of local parts
- Coordinating logistics for sea/ air/ road transport, forwarder and other external agencies to achieve seamless flow of parts
- Optimize transport routings to have best utilization of the available transport resources
- Track and certify the milk run transport records for clarity of transport payments
- Coordinate return logistics of trolleys, skids, containers with suppliers
- Respect & Contribute actively to the SHE procedures (Safety, Health, Environment)
- Promote ideas for continuous improvement & innovation
- Interact on-time, with transparency & commitment with colleagues & managers
- Maintain respectful and polite relationship with all contacts.
- Promotes Group Core values: Interaction, Commitment, and Innovation in order to reach the vision “First in Mind – First in Choice”.
- Systematic and meticulous in his/her work
- Able to deal with deadlines, being Customer Oriented
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Prepared to work within demanding production environment
- Ownership of assignments with time bound approach.
- High ability to work in teams
- Action & result oriented.
- Positive attitude, constantly raising the performance bar
- Undisputed business ethics vs supplier & adhere to “Business Code of Practice”.
Experience / Educational requirements
- 4+ years of experience in procurement/ logistics or equal through experience
- Knowledge procurement and logistics
- Fluent in English, and Indian languages like Hindi and Marathi
- Use of IT tools like ERP (BPCS), MS-Excel, Word etc
- Production/Mechanical Engineer or Graduate
City – Nashik
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.