Position – Mechanical Designer PT
Company – Hitachi ABB Power Grids
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers a complete range of power and distribution transformers designed to grant the reliability, durability, and efficiency required in utility, industrial, and commercial applications. Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a major transformer manufacturer throughout the world and offers both liquid-filled and dry-type transformers as well as services for complete life-cycle support, including replacement parts and components. Our portfolio allows utilities and industrials to maximize the return on transformer assets by ensuring a high reliability, reducing life cycle costs and ensuring optimized performance while lowering environmental impact. You will be part of a Global Engineering Center team and your task is to contribute to the global design work with positive team atmosphere and networking.
- Preparation of General Arrangement, Bill of materials and submission to customer as per project schedule.
- Responsible for development of Power Transformer mechanical order and tender designs in coordination with the Market and Sales Strategy to meet the market needs.
- Responsible for development of various application transformers designs in coordination with global Hitachi ABB factory based on the purchase order requirements, ordering specification in different areas of transformer Mechanical design.
- Coordinating design activities within a worldwide factories network.
- Participation in internal design concept reviews.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Graduate in Mechanical Engineering.
- Around 2-7 years’ experience working in Mechanical design for Distribution or Power Transformers manufacturing
- industry. Candidates with higher experience also to be considered.
- Knowledge on CAD software, 3D Modeling software – Creo is considered an advantage.
- Experience on Microsoft office and tools.
- Good communication skills in English Language in oral and written form.
- Ability to speak with and work together with the technical teams in different parts of the world.
- Demonstrated team building skills, would be a preference.
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com Important, please include in your CV the following passage: “I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment,in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”