Position – Integration & Testing Engineer/Pilot
Company – Asteria Aerospace
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Job Designation: Integration & Testing Engineer/Pilot
As an Integration & Testing Engineer, you will lead the efforts of field testing of Asteria’s Unmanned Aerial System products & will provide all system support. Your role & responsibilities will be integration, testing, and validation of all R&D/new product development. Your other role will be to develop flight test plans, prepare remotely controlled aircraft for flight, conduct flight tests of the aircraft as the test pilot, and support other field-testing efforts as required. You will also lead flight activities for client demonstrations. You will work closely with other product development engineers on the team to take Asteria’s products through field tests and client demonstrations.
- Integration, testing, and validation for R&D/new product development.
- Manage development & production flight test operations with emphasis on safety & quality control.
- Coordinate with another engineering team on integration of complementary technologies.
- Flight test & evaluation of prototypes & final production units.
- Work to resolve customer issues.
- Support customer demonstrations supervise & evaluate the performance of the production process (quality control, etc.).
- Assist in product documentation & manual development.
- Needs to have hands-on experience with UAV system assembly process.
- Assist in the development of end-user training documents.
- Provide training and field support to end-users of the UAS products.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Other applicable engineering field.
Relevant Experience: 0-2 Years
Desired Skills & Characteristics:
- Complete understanding of the systems.
- Knowledge of RC aircraft/Fixed wing Hybrid VTOL & Multirotor dynamics, control & flight operations.
- The desired skill of Fixed wing/RC plane flying including T/Off Landing & Emergency handling.
- Able to diagnose problems & find solutions to issues and fix them.
- Repair/maintenance/resolve issues on prompt time.
- Documentation for system testing & other repairing works.
- Experience construction/assembly of UAV.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Expert knowledge of UAV configuration, autopilot tuning, payload integration (optional).
- Knowledge of UAS hardware, software & sensors.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.