Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee
Company – Assa Abloy
Location – Jamnagar, Gujarat, IN
ASSA ABLOY, the global leader in door-opening solutions, is dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety, and convenience. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, ASSA ABLOY is comprised of over 150 companies in more than 40 countries, all part of the door security industry. ASSA ABLOY’s mission is to provide complete opening solutions, backed by value-added services, to help people feel safer and more secure, thus creating more freedom in their lives.
Shree Mahavir Metalcraft Private Limited is an establishment of over 25 years of dedication. Established in 1984 the company has now grown to be one of the largest manufacturers of modern architectural hardware in India. SMI’s Modern state-of-the-art manufacturing unit in Jamnagar, Gujarat is equipped with the latest technology machines and a technically qualified team to meet the increasing needs of the customer. Over the years, SMI has excelled in the field of builders’ hardware providing products like door locks, door handles, and various kinds of architectural hardware. SMI was acquired by the ASSA ABLOY group in 2017.
To learn more about the ASSA ABLOY Group visit https://www.assaabloy.com/group/en
In addition, watch more about us by clicking here
ASSA ABLOY is looking for a candidate for the position of Graduate Engineer Trainee, based out of Jamnagar. The incumbent will be trained in various departments in our Plant; Shree Mahavir Metalcraft Pvt. Ltd. Post-training period, the incumbent will be placed in the Production/Maintenance/Tool Room/R&D departments.
- To prepare the employee for this role, the candidate will be enrolled in a 12-month training program, which consists of 6 months of development; and 6 months of supervised support as per the curriculum.
- Candidates in the program will be subject to weekly assignments, progress evaluations, and quarterly assessments to assess their progression in the program.
- At the end of the training program, the successful candidate will be placed in any department in the plant with a competitive salary and bonus package commensurate with the role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Production/Chemical from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
- Proficiency with computer software applications including major Microsoft “Office Suite” programs, specifically Excel
- Good interpersonal communication and presentation skills is required.
- Detail-orientated with strong organizational skills and time management habits.
- Motivated self-starter with a high aptitude for acquiring new skills and principles.
We are the ASSA ABLOY Group
Our people have made us the global leader in access solutions. In return, we open doors for them wherever they go. With nearly 51,000 colleagues in more than 70 different countries, we help billions of people experience a more open world. Our innovations make all sorts of spaces – physical and virtual – safer, more secure, and easier to access.
As an employer, we value results – not titles, or backgrounds. We empower our people to build their career around their aspirations and our ambitions – supporting them with regular feedback, training, and development opportunities. Our colleagues think broadly about where they can make the most impact, and we encourage them to grow their role locally, regionally, or even internationally.
As we welcome new people on board, it’s important to us to have diverse, inclusive teams, and we value different perspectives and experiences.