Position – Engineer I- CAD
Company – Copeland
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or production
- Experience in using various Engineering / Quality/analysis tools/processes to arrive at design decisions
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a critical review, and seek approval of highly complex designs/layouts/documentation in collaboration with various stakeholders
- Proficient in packaging standards
- Expertise in plastics and sheet metal part manufacturing
- Review of production prints and solve production and quality issues
- Obtain customer approvals where necessary
- Continuous process improvement using automation, standardization, digitization, and efficiency improvement programs
- CAD design – 2D & 3D packaging designs, rapid prototype development, engineering design release, customer BU presentations
- Packaging optimizations, design & development of returnable packaging systems
- Bill of materials in systems
- Apply basic engineering sciences to perform design analysis of packaging components including industry standard packaging tests, basic static/dynamic compression analysis, strength of materials, and design optimization.
- Work with cross-functional teams for assessment of packaging & developments based on current trends and needs.
- Provide packaging services to cross-functional BUs in a complete, accurate, and timely manner.