Position – Design Engineer
Company – Aptiv
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
As Design Engineer you will meet the product design and development requirements of the Housing, High Voltage Connection Systems product-lines using NX software.
You will collaborate with our Product Engineering team located globally in order to deliver the product design and development requirements on-time in achieving the goals of the organization in meeting the customer requirements.
- Delivering product design and development using NX software as per the customer requirement.
- Ensure delivering qualitative product design on-time.
- Communicate with counterparts and collaborate in meeting the customer demands.
- Provide innovative design solutions.
- Execute the projects with meticulous planning in an demanding environment.
- Qualified Bachelor in Engineering in Mechanical / Automobile streams.
- 4+ years of experience in the Connector / Automotive products with complex plastic / sheet metal Product Design and Development skills.
- Hands on experience in product concept development / end to end product development
- Proficiency in product design using NX software.
- Skilled in detailed plastic component design and design calculations, tolerance stack up
- Skilled in detailed Sheetmetal component design and design calculations, tolerance stack up
- Good knowledge in materials and material selection (plastics and sheet metal)
- Good knowledge in DFM & DFA
- Understanding of DRBFM and DFMEA
- Capable to evaluate concepts and design verification results
- Sound knowledge in GD&T and creation of production drawings
- Good in stamping and injection molding processes knowledge.
Aptiv Rewards & Advantages
- Competitive compensation include : Bonus potential & Healthcare benefits.
- Learning and professional growth and development environment.
- Recognition for innovation and excellence.
- Opportunities to collaborate with global talents.
- Opportunities to give back to the community.
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world.
Some see differences. We see perspectives that make us stronger.
Diversity and Inclusion are sources of innovation and creativity, both of which are essential to Aptiv’s success. Every day our diverse team comes together, drives innovation, pursues solutions, and meets challenges using their unique abilities, perspectives and talents, changing what tomorrow brings. When you join our team, you’ll get encouraged to think boldly, express your viewpoint and innovate as a matter of habit.
Some see technology. We see a way to make connections.
At Aptiv, we don’t just see the world differently; we work to change reality. That means developing technology that rewrites the rules of what’s possible in the pursuit of making transportation safer, greener, and more connected. Today there are more than 160,000 of us globally, located in 44 countries, and united by one mission. Join the movement and together, let’s change tomorrow.
Privacy Notice – Active Candidates: https://www.aptiv.com/privacy-notice-active-candidates
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.