Positon – Engineer- (EAM)
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center -> COO Engineering Services -> Manufacturing Engg & technical support
COO Engineering Services, having expertise in engineering data analysis, technical documentation, product/ process quality control, business process, tooling design, test systems, Enterprise Asset Management, ERP solutions, and project management, would support Vesta’s global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation, cost control, and E2E project management. We impose creative solutions and propel continuous improvement culture to make Vesta’s vision come true. This role is part of the COO Tooling & EAM team.
- Support statistical data analysis on machine downtime, investigate the root cause and implement corrective actions
- Quality and completeness of technical deliverables like structuring new tools, work order completion, spare parts creation
- Support in implementation of Enterprise Asset Management system in New factories
- Evaluate the machine efficiency & productivity of factories and provide the KPI reports to the factories on a weekly basis
- Gather necessary engineering or technical documents, specifications, drawings & calibration reports to systematize
- Education background as Mechanical Engineer or allied, with 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in hands-on as well as theoretical work with machine tools and equipment maintenance
- Proficient in MS Office, PowerPoint & Advanced Excel using macros, pivot table, charts, Visual Basic will be an added advantage
- Exposure to Factory Tools & Equipment Maintenance
- Have a high degree of flexibility and can work with limited supervision
- Have a high attitude, quality conscious and aspire to be the best
- Are open-minded and eager to learn
- Have a motivated attitude – and you are not afraid of getting your hands-on
- Good communication skills with a range of stakeholders
What We Offer
We offer a challenging workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer. The department places a high focus on a relaxed working environment where professional skills can be developed and enhanced. You will have the opportunity to greatly impact Vestas’ current and future products & process
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30 Apr’2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day-to-day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organization.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.