Position – R&D Verification Engineer
Company – ANSYS
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
An R&D Verification Engineer for ANSYS, Inc conducts engineering studies to support the development of our engineering software products. The R&D Verification Engineer will research new engineering features in order to create analytical and user scenario test cases to evaluate the functionality and performance of capabilities being added to our engineering simulation software. As part of the software testing of the ANSYS Mechanical APDL application, an R&D Verification Engineer programs and maintains automated testing scripts and software tools. This person participates in requirements planning, design reviews, and investigating defects. This person is responsible to ensure product requirements and quality standards are satisfied and to help assess how well the product will meet customer needs both in terms of functionality and usability.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes software product testing and verification activities according to the company’s overall development and testing processes
- Analyzes requirements and develops tests suitable for new features within the appropriate environment
- Participates in design and code reviews and in the planning and implementation of verification initiatives
- Tests products at all levels: Workflow, Unit, Application, Performance
- Writes and maintains test scripts, both automated and manual tests, may write code for software testing tools
- Improve and deploy testing strategies and methodologies for automation of tests
- Creates metrics and monitoring systems that are used for early detection of defects
- Investigates possible causes of problems
- Performs testing on various environments: Windows, Linux, Virtual, Compute Clusters, Cloud
- Works closely with other members of the product creation team and communicates with technical support specialists on product issues
- Coordinates with other teams to address cross-team dependencies
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Master’s Degree in mechanical or civil or structural engineering
- Strong knowledge of structural and computational mechanics
- Experience and/or academic exposure with FEA and CAE tools with knowledge of FE methods
- Proficient in one or more programming or scripting languages: Python, C++, C#, Jscript
- A thorough and careful approach to work; close attention to details and quality; strong organizational skills
- Ability to establish good working relationships with Development, Testing, and Support staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language
- Able to troubleshoot by simplifying complex systems, debugging, and finding root causes
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree will be considered
- Additional knowledge of numerical methods is desired
- Strong programming skill is highly desirable
- Experience with ANSYS structural mechanics products would be a clear advantage
- Experience with both Linux and Windows platforms preferred
- Competent in the use of general office software applications such as mail tools, document editors, spreadsheets, and databases
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.