Position – Global HSE/SA Service & Electrical Safety Manager
Company – ABB
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation (IA) is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
You will be working as Global Health Safety Environment (HSE)/Sustainability Affairs (SA) Service & Electrical Safety Manager for Bangalore location. for Industrial Automation Business Area and will be reporting to the IA HSE Program Manager. You will be responsible for contributing to the strategy, delivering on the operational execution and provision of HSE technical support for all IA Divisions and IA HSE countries undertaking field service activities and performing electrical work activities for our customers. You will be providing value add support to all 5 IA Divisions by applying in-depth HSE knowledge and offering solutions and advice with product-specific insights. You will also be engaging support from ABB’s Electrical Safety Authorities and ensuring effective risk management through excellence along ABB’s value chain including Approved Service Providers.
- Ensuring that all relevant ABB Group policies, instructions, trainings and tools related to electrical safety, behavioral safety and contractor safety are implemented in Service workshops and Field service units.
- Identifying opportunities for integrating HSE and electrical safety into IA processes, databases and programs such as the Field Service Lightning (FSL) application to be utilized by all stakeholders involved in field service work activities.
- Developing and implementing a program for implementing and maintaining robust Electrical Competency and Authorization Framework for all Service personnel interacting with electrical equipment, including Approved Service providers. (project, manufacturing and Service).
- Standardizing the service activity planning process and risk assessment process with the adoption of Intelex ABRA tool (activity Based Risk Assessment) and participating in regular Electrical Safety Authority communications/meetings for maintaining currency with program.
- Developing Division specific database recording PICWs (Persons in Charge of Work) and ECAP assessment records and acting as electrical safety champion and represent Industrial Automation in cross Business Area collaboration.
- Delivering training including ECAP Assessor train the trainer, ABRA and other electrical safety and HSE related training with ownership of MyLearning training records.
- Undertaking regular specialist Electrical Safety Audits and training IA Local Division Electrical Safety Champions for undertaking regular electrical safety audits.
- Monitoring HSE performance in service activities and developing methods to analyze HSE performance for identifying opportunities for improvement and driving Division specific and Business Area behavioral safety programs.
- Supporting the service, field service line managers and employees to accomplish objectives and targets by providing a systematic, disciplined, consultative approach by improving the effectiveness of risk management and control.
- Identifying and sharing best HSE practices across the service network and field service units, supporting Divisions in providing clear interpretations and adherence to ABB Way Control Standards along with contributing to incident investigations related to service activities or electrical incidents.
- Engaging with external stakeholders and participating in external continual professional development programs for continually developing your electrical and service safety knowledge for integrating new ideas and best practice.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- 4 years of technical education / bachelor’s degree in mechanical/Electrical Eng. or Electronics Technician or equivalent education.
- Minimum 5 years proven HSE experience supporting industries involving electrical testing/commissioning in manufacturing, project or service environments.
- Demonstrated impact in project management and/or experience within the Service Industry.
- IOSH Certified Trainer is an advantage.
- Familiar with electrical safety-related work practices like NFPA 70E, IEC 61482-1-2, CSA Z462, ESTI RL 407, EN50110, etc.
- Possess a NEBOSH Diploma (IGC or ICC) or an International Diploma in Safety Management (preferred), or equivalent safety certification.
- Knowledge of competency assessment and authorization process would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English, other languages are an added advantage.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.