Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ANSYS
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
The R&D Engineer is responsible for incorporating advanced engineering features in our Mechanical flagship product. These advanced engineering features, in the areas of fracture mechanics, linear dynamics, non-linear mesh adaptivity, contact, coupled field analysis, etc., are exposed in the Mechanical flagship product such that users can solve most challenging real-life engineering problems in an integrated, intuitive and simplistic environment.
- Research, design and implement features in a state-of-the-art Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software application based on the Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Develop, maintain, and improve object-oriented data structures, algorithms, and modules in large and complex software systems.
- Enhance and extend the User Interface for the set-up and execution of engineering simulations.
- Engages a network of expert professionals to collaborate and accomplish development objectives
- Investigate defects in production code
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Computer Science or related engineering field
- Design and implementation of object-oriented application features using programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Exposure to scripting languages such as Python or equivalent
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prefer Masters with 1 year of experience or a Bachelors with 3 years of experience
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
- Proven ability to collaborate in an open, multi-disciplinary, intense team environment and the passion to create high-quality software
- Experience in using Microsoft Visual Studio and Software Configuration management tools (SVN, GIT)
- Coursework in the area of Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down to the organization. They have shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about learning, discovery, and collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.