Spread the love
Position – Engineer Manufacturing
Location – Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Capacity /workload management – People Utilization, Productivity improvement, tools management, Internal & External Demerits, Cost of Non Quality from Rework time and material, First Yield Pass at testing & final quality control, Customer Service Level – Delivery Performance, MPS Accuracy (%)
- Ensure safety, respect of work equipment and environment: enforce company safety rules, improve EHS
- Manage production teams (monitor daily activities)
- Deliver production in line with quality, cost, and delivery targets.
- Define and drive the implementation of improvement plans on operational (Q, C, D) and managerial (absenteeism, safety) results,
- Further, implement the performance system (APSYS),
- Develop autonomous production teams (develop team efficiency, multi-skills), Represent Site management towards employees.
Environment, Health and Safety
- Enforce safety rules and maintain production means in good working order. Take all appropriate measures in case of risk,
- Ensure safety training is provided to newcomers
- Improve Safety in the scope: communicate, perform GPI (General planned inspection), evaluate risks, react to each incident by implementing improvement actions…etc),
- Analyze accidents, make sure that related action plans are implemented.
- Ensure production according to the quality required by the customer
- Ensure that procedures are respected and self-inspection performed
- Ensure rework and non-conformances (internal and external) are treated
- Organize problem-solving: participate, escalate information if necessary, call for assistance from support functions, track eradication
- Organize the update of specific technical work permits and self-inspection validations
- Drive autonomous teams’ work in order to comply with production planning (anticipate problems)
- Define and implement corrective actions when late versus planning
- In line with concerning work packages, stick to, and manage the monthly cost base :
- Optimize the allocation of available resources, track individual timesheets
- Manage budget through indicators (productivity & overheads)
- Participate in continuous improvement of processes.
- Manage autonomous teams around SQCD objectives: by using visual management, participates in daily meetings of the autonomous teams, communicate objectives and information needed for their achievement, bring teams problems up, and organize their solving (request assistance from support functions when necessary)
- Drive the continuous improvement of results: communicate objectives, involve teams, implement actions, pull and implement improvement ideas, initiate improvement workshops (SWIP) and problem-solving groups (PDCA methodology), track improvement (visual management), communicate results.
- Define management of Production organization (planning, manufacturing, testing, logistics, quality inspection, industrialization, etc).
- To deploy Industrial Strategies in-line with Product Line Management Committee decisions
- Participate in investment/budget planning.
- Active Participation during New Product Introduction (NPI) along with Industrialization & Transfer of technology
- Capturing of Return of experience (REX) from Shopfloor on quality and productivity aspects
- Workforce Management and Planning as per Site Sales & Operations plan (Long term production planning)
- Ensure that the function is resourced adequately, in terms of the number of people and skills.
- Manage the department KPIs
- Be responsible for the correct implementation for APSYS pertaining to the Manufacturing domain
Qualification & Skills:
- B.E – Electrical / Mechanical
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a relevant area
- Knowledge of production system (lean manufacturing), and basics in Supply Chain
- Ability to summarize and focus on the critical issues
- Working together with CFT to drive results
- Good Communication skills
- Multi-cultural Management Teamwork and Customer-oriented
- Data-driven and courageous, rigor – Ability to manage teams in cross and multicultural relationships
Spread the love