Position – Design Engineer(Bogie)
Company – ALSTOM
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
- Worked with Bogie subsystems like Bogie frame, Suspensions, Wheelsets, brakes, cabling & piping and bogie mounted equipment’s.
- Experienced in designing these subsystems including brackets for them in regard to welded fabrication, sheet metal design, machining, tolerance analysis, corrosion protection, material selection, casted parts and fastener selection etc.
- Well versed with 2D drawing including fits, tolerance and GD&T. Also need to be able to check the drawings for releasing them to manufacturing
- Able to discuss with supplier for technical requirements and clause by clause agreement.
- Design reviews of bogie sub-systems.
- Need to be proficient in CATIA V5 for part design, sheet metal design, casted part design and assembly design.
- Need to be familiar with applicable ISO and EN standards for plate materials, castings, fasteners, welding etc.
- Exposure to 3D COM and PDM.,Drawing creation with help of panel suppliers, reviews and release through PDM
- 3D models, Drawings; Bills of material, method descriptions, sketches, whitelist, change notifications, messages, weight lists, specifications, maintenance and maintenance documentation components, specifications, customer specifications, tender documents, test specifications and test reports, etc
- Employer and multi-employer work procedure, management instructions, national and international regulations for the construction and operation of rail vehicles, as well as the general standards and rules and regulations for the design & development of sub-systems
- Management of drawings/technical specifications
- Management of 3D models and concept designs
- Construction (design & product), calculation departments, methods, production, procurement, project management, quality, welding, internal/external customers, internal and external suppliers, warranty, customer support, service
- Management of work packages outsourced to panel suppliers
Qualification: Graduate in Engineering (Mechanical) with 5 to 10 years’ experience as design Engineer
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Job Segment: Procurement, Project Manager, Operations, Technology