Position – QA & QC Sr. Engineer
Location – Pune, Maharashtra
- We’re glad you want to help us make a difference!
- We create better everyday conditions for people. We do this by contributing to a more sustainable future through engineering innovation. We love what we do and we’re good at it. We’re now looking for passionate people to become even better!
- At Alfa Laval, we always go that extra mile to overcome the toughest challenges. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people, and the planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
- Alfa Laval India Pvt Ltd is looking for a Quality Assurance/Control engineer for Pune, Baner location.The main responsibility is to ensure that the Quality Control (QC) within Energy Engineering &Services Pune is correctly developed, implemented and used. He/she would be responsible for continuously maintaining and optimizing the work processes and procedure based on input from users and the Continuous Improvement process. The incubment also needs to secure that proper documentation for Quality Control (QC) is present and up to date on all projects, modular and standard orders handled within Energy E&S Pune .He/she also would secure that QC is performed in workshops and on sites including reporting of all findings.
The scope of the role to include below responsibilities:
- Inspection of fabricated items in workshop with respect to drawings.
- Receipt Quality Control of bought out items with respect to purchase specifications.
- Coordinating Inspections & Testing with customers, TPI
- Participate in Risk Assessment meetings for CE / ATEX Certification of the module
- Coordinate with ATEX/UL/equivalent certification Agencies
- Coordinate with Third party certification Agencies
- Perform Vendor inspections for vendor selection
- Work with existing Quality Process and modify or develop them further as per requirement.
- Review of Quality requirements of customer and analyse the same with respect to our product / system.
- Preparation of draft ITP / QAP during RFQ .
- Participate in technical clarification meetings ( Quality related ) with customer.
- Attend FAT / stage wise inspection for bought out components.
- Preparation of Quality Record/Dossier for Complex Projects.
- Review of Fabrication Drawings as per ISO and AWS requirement.
- Work with existing WPS/PQR/WPQ and develop /modify the same as per project requirement
- Coordinate with Workshop for the compliance of Quality requirement and stage wise inspection
- In collaboration with the BU Quality Management ensure that the BU ENS QMS is adhered to in ENS E&S Pune
- Develop and implement best practices and quality activities for the ENS E&S Pune site in alignment with the overall Policies and BU ENS global QMS. Support the local management as required to keep the QMS and CI systems up-to-date, and support the ISO 9001 certification audits within ENS E&S Pune.
- Monitor the compliance to work processes and procedures, and report status to QMS and E&S management. Based on this, propose corrective or mitigating actions to ensure the actual work processes and procedures are aligned with the established procedures and procedures at any time.
- Support the Project Manager’s in creating QA/QC quality plans for the projects.
Knowledge and Competencies :
Technical Competencies :
- Deep knowledge within QA/QC work
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and its requirements
- Experienced with continuous improvement work. (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Knowledge of Codes/standards required Piping/structure fabrication & welding.
- Knowledge of various NDT/Destructive Tests and their acceptance criteria for fabrication & welding of Structure and Piping.
- Knowledge of the engineering business, preferably within projects.
- Internal ISO auditor will be an added advantage
- Good verbal & written communication skills in English
- Preferably a technical and practical (workshop) education
Behavioural Competencies :
- Basic questioning and listening skills
- Basic presentation skills
- Proactive Approach
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Team player
- Customer focus
- Creative problem-solving approach.
- Structured thinking
Qualification: Degree in Chemical / Mechanical Engineering at university level.
Experience : 5-8 years of relevant experience
If you think you have the required experience and can contribute towards this role do send us your application by 8 November,2020.