Position – Stress Engineer
Company – Airbus
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Airbus Group India Private Limited
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world’s leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
The R&T team is a part of the ‘stress and design’ group under Airframe department and plays a key role in demonstrating emerging technology readiness levels and developing innovative solutions for design and development of current and future aircraft programmes.
Job scope (core activities):
- Stress analysis of metallic and composite aircraft structures using hand calculations, ISAMI, GFEM and DFEMs
- Extraction of loads, stresses, generation of spectra and mission files
- Extraction of material data, geometry details and fastener specifications from part & assembly drawings
- Application of appropriate static, fatigue and damage tolerance design values from standard references
- Creation of FEMs using geometric data from part & assembly drawings
- Sizing of primary and secondary parts for static and fatigue requirements
- Fastener load extraction and joint analysis
- RF calculation for different failure modes such as strength, buckling, shear panel failure, damage tolerance etc.
- Low RF mitigations using classical or numerical methods
- Preparation of stress certification dossiers, ACD4 and ACD6
Required Domain Expertise:
- Sound knowledge of structural design principles, aircraft loads and aircraft structures
- Experience in static, fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of aircraft structural components (Airbus methods and tools would be preferable)
- Background in design and sizing of aircraft primary structure components and parts
- Ability to liaise/negotiate with design, stress, EU teams and customer services
- Certification requirements and experience with stress dossiers
- Finite element method / finite element analysis (FEM / FEA)
- Very good analytical and reasoning skills
Tools: Patran/Nastran, Hypermesh, ISAMI (preferred), AF-Twin, NASGRO, SAFE, DAMTOL
Graduate/Post graduate (Aerospace / Mechanical / Civil /)
- Ability to work independently & in a transnational team.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility & adaptability
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.