Position – Design Engineer – Nacelle Mechanical Components – Wind Turbines
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Perform design and analysis of mechanical components of the Nacelle (frames, doors, platforms, hatches, handrails, ladders, supports…and elastomeric isolators). The Design Engineer provides innovative design solutions and supports the product through its life cycle.
- Design/Analysis by means of FEA and analytical methods. Testing to prove component function and reliability
- Work cross functionally with Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, Services…as part of the product development cycle. Support them with root cause analysis, issue resolution and quick corrective actions for design related causes (nonconformities)
- Identify and execute cost saving ideas and strategies
- Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into drawings, specifications, design practices and processes
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering experience in Design/Product Development of mechanical components (preferably wind turbine components)
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Good communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Working knowledge of CAD (preferably Unigraphics NX 3D-CAD) and CAE (preferably Ansys/Workbench.
- Knowledge of Standards and Design Codes
- Knowledge of different manufacturing processes
- Engineering experience in medium-big size industrial companies. Ability to work with global team members across cultural boundaries
- Willingness to travel
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No