Position – Senior Principal Piping & Layout Engineer
Company – Air Products
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat
Job Description and QualificationsI. POSITION SUMMARY
To deliver safe, fit for purpose of piping engineer to an agreed schedule and agreed budget.
II, NATURE AND SCOPE
The job holder is one of the key members of the design team having responsibility for piping engineering. The job holder shall be responsible for leading the piping design on projects executed by API. In addition, generating plot plans and other bid deliverables in support of proposal work shall also be part of the responsibilities. If the execution strategy calls for design outsourcing, the jobholder shall be responsible for supervising and reviewing the design generated by the design house.
- Responsible for 20 000 to 1,00,000 Piping man-hours pa
- Responsible for review of corresponding supplier documents
- Responsible for delivering piping design packages on projects.
- Providing support to other AP engineering centers as workload requires
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Safety and rigorous adherence to relevant specifications and standards for all piping designs
- Accountable for layout design and engineering scope adherence in accordance with project specifications & standards
Implementation of quality procedures
- and contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Piping scope definition, planning, review/check/approval, document control and review, scope control, estimating & forecasting, and other activities necessary for project execution.
- Responsible for developing the conceptual piping design and detailed piping design on projects.
- Responsibilities including model development tin SP3D and leading model reviews internally and externally.
- Deliver piping design packages
- Effectively communicate by email, .ppt, or ‘face to face’ AP’s execution strategies, schedule issues, and project requirements.
- Develop common work practices within Integrated Gases and Process Gas Product Lines
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
A Senior Principal Piping & Layout Engineer should have:
- A engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering with 19+ years of experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English and strong communication skills
- Experience comparable with the grade in a relevant industry preferably will have experience of cryogenic/high temperature/oil and gas field piping design.
- Must be familiar with an engineering organization, the function of each discipline and how they interact and the function of the various support groups globally
- Experience in leading a team of Piping Engineers and Designers
- Experience in plot plan development takin care of various operation, maintenance, construction and ergonomics aspects of a plant
- Exposure to global design codes and experience of using them in piping design
- Having clear knowledge of conceptuliazation of 3D Model of a plant, knowledge of S3D as add on benefit
- Knowledge on pipe stress concepts, pipe supports, piping bulk material take off, load information to Civil and Steel Structure team
- Hands on experience using Smart Plant Review
Req No. – 30581BR
Employment Status – Full Time
Employment Type – Hay
Organization – Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division – Global Engineering Procurement & Quality CI
Region – India
Country – India