Position – Engineer – Machinery
Company – Air Products
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Job Description and Qualifications
- Selection of machinery equipment (compressors, pumps, blowers, steam turbines, electric motors, cooling towers, air coolers, closed-loop cooling water systems, etc.).
- Preparation of RFQ (request for quotation) machinery bid packages to include equipment specifications & relevant standards, process & scope datasheets, ITP (inspection and test plan), and VDR (vendor document requirement)
- Developing technical and commercial bid comparison spreadsheet, reviewing with senior managers and procurement specialists
- Project execution involving machinery requisition packages, reviewing vendor technical documents and design drawing to insure their accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the project team to specify and execute machinery design deliverables and functions for centrifugal/reciprocating/screw compressors, steam turbines, cooling towers, pumps, silencers etc.
- Prepare engineering specifications, data sheets, technical evaluations, bid conditioning, review and approval of vendor design calculations, fabrication drawings, performance testing document, Inspection & Testing Plan (ITP) etc.
- Work with the QC team to perform critical hold point inspections during fabrication, installation and commissioning. Co-ordinate with QC inspectors and engineering disciplines within the company, resolving problems during engineering and fabrication stages.
- Build good relationships and communicate constantly with the assigned lead machinery mentor to share the best practices and technology, to participate in global meetings and conferences, and to support project development by providing machinery equipment cost and man hour estimation input.
Recommended Skills and Experience
- Minimum of degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering with more than two years of experience.
- Working experience of mechanical equipment, Working experince of Pumps, centrifugal/ reciprocating compressors, a plus.
- Candidate should have good communication, teamwork skills.
- Able to read and write in fluently in English and possess an acceptable level of English speaking to be able to interact with people from US, Europe and Asia.
Req No. – 37264BR
Employment Status – Full Time
Organization – Global Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / Division – Global Engineering Procurement & Quality CI
Region – India
Country – India