EATON is Hiring | Engineer |
Position – Engineer – EV Connectors and Terminals
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineer – EV Connectors and Terminals based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Execute Engineering Design & Development projects for High Voltage Connectors for electrical vehicles. Generate ideas & convert the concepts in manufacturable product. Execute assigned concept development, engineering calcualtions and analysis. Apply DFSS tools, design analysis methods and concept verification calculations per engineering principles. Create & review drawings & CAD 3D models, follow change management process and release into ENOVIA PLM system.
- Create concept designs for the high voltage connectors involving plastic and sheet-metal components
- Define assembly constraints, create assembly concepts to satisfy applicable connector standards
- Define the geometric controls in the engineering drawings, create tolerance stack-up diagrams and calculations to arrive at optimized design
- Optimize the design concepts with basic DfMA principles and also consider the manufacturing process, measurement and quality conformances & controls
- Work with project leader to assist in design strategies, manufacturing strategies and support from engineering design and analysis front for making the design robust
- Create boundary and parameter diagrams for the components and assemblies and develop basic DFMEA with consultation & guidance from project leaders
- Own the design releases for concept, prototypes and proposal in the PLM system (ENOVIA). Manage the BOM and release eBOM for supplier discussions.
- Follow the engineering change management process for part number creation, engineering releases and revisions
- Apply DFSS principles for practicing robust design methods, assist in creating design analysis plan and design verification plan, execution and reporting out
- Support in making fixtures, test executions for new designs, competitor products and define new / creative test methods
- Bachelors/Masters in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years hands on experience in design/development of terminals & connectors
- Actively worked on high voltage connector product design & development life cycle
- Plastic & stamping parts design, development & manufacturing experience
- Plastic injection mold & sheet metal tool design knowledge will be added advantage
- Excel , Powerpoint ,CAD tools etc
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Learning Agility
- Strategic mindset
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only