Position – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – AECOM
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra, IN
We are looking for a new addition to join our building services team in our Mumbai office, working as a Mechanical Design Engineer , to get involved on some major and exciting projects.
About the role:
A Mechanical Design Engineer will be involved in producing calculations, drawings, reports and specifications on a variety of projects. The role will also involve representing AECOM at design and client team meetings. The successful candidate will be working towards chartership, and have proven design experience, delivering to quality, time and budget. This role will suit someone with a mechanical engineering / building services degree, who is enthusiastic, self motivated, and looking to advance their career.
- Compile design reports, specifications, drawings, and other
- Contract Documents required and ensure approval by Principal Engineer/Director.
- Approve detailed design information and calculations.
- Witness and acceptance testing and commissioning procedures for project plant equipment and systems.
- Ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory Authorities and obligations and make submissions and obtain approvals as necessary.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors, and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
- A graduate in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering, or with a proven track record of design experience.
- Relevant experience in Mechanical Engineering design, including areas such as plant specification, HVAC,
- A track record of having worked on a variety of Building Services designs covering, for example, Education, Healthcare, and Commercial projects. Experience in seeing conceptual designs through to completion and dealing directly with clients.
A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills and ideally a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional status
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility, and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity, and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act, and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community, and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone.
Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, infrastructure powers possibilities to help people and communities thrive.
Across the globe, our clients in the public and private sectors count on us to take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we partner with our clients to build legacies for generations to come.
We are the world’s premier infrastructure firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We’re planners, designers, engineers, consultants and construction managers driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Imagine it. Delivered.
- Approximately $13.2 billion of Professional Services revenue during the fiscal year 2020
- Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
- Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
- Named one of Fortune magazine’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for the sixth consecutive year
- Named one of 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies for its commitment to integrity and making a positive impact by Ethisphere