Position – R&D Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Nashik, Maharashtra, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is a R&D Engineer, reporting to R&D Engineer in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Nashik and will be will be responsible for contributing with own ideas to identify, propose, implement innovative technology development and solutions by solving industrial problems independently.
- Responsible for mechanical design.
- Responsible for detailed design, 2D drawings, concept and CAD 3D models.
- Responsible for Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) design and development, prototyping, type testing.
- Designing of sheet metal parts, casted, machined metal parts, molded plastic parts.
- Responsible for metal forming and manufacturing process knowledge and optimization.
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in design and development of GIS.
- Excellent competence with CAD (Pro-E, Solidworks etc.), Smarteam/Windchill preferred.
- Reading of technical drawings and experience in PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems is required.
- Excellent English language skills-written and spoken.
More about us
ABB’s Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.