Position – R&D Associate Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
This is a R&D Associate Engineer role, reporting R&D Team Manager Specialist in Business Area Electrification (EL) located in Hyderabad and you will be responsible to work on business priority projects of defined scope, apply concepts to issues of moderate to high complexity and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Demonstrating good technical proficiency in own area of competence, working as a dependable team-member for R&D projects.
- Performing a variety of technology / engineering assignments, demonstrating an ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions.
- Interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to assure requirements are met and building strong relationships.
- Communicating status and problems to project leaders and management.
- Contributing towards documentation of technical design details & test results and participating in program reviews and preparing invention disclosures where appropriate.
- Undertaking training and instructions where appropriate.
- Achieving targets in a global environment.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Electrical / Mechanical/ Thermal Engineering.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in product design & development.
- Experience in thermal management of switchgear product.
- Proficient in CFD simulation tools for thermal Analysis and CAD Tools like Creo, Pro/ENGINEER etc.
- Good awareness of thermal management in circuit breaker / latest technology trend for solving thermal problem.
- Highly motivated team-player with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.