Position – Engineer, Metrology
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
We are currently building our in house Metrology Lab staff and are looking for a talented Metrology Specialist to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work with and maintain state of the art systems including CMM’s, Optical Inspection Equipment, and CT Scanning in order to support our internal and external customers with dimensional reports and part to model comparisons to aid in dimensional disposition conducted by AQP and Engineering team members from around the world
What You Will Do In Your Role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform metrology inspection via Geomagic as assigned.
- Manage incoming workload to meet the needs of our internal customers.
- Analyze dimensional results to give feedback to the product team.
- Convert scan data to applicable format for dimensional analysis.
- Create, execute, and provide feedback for Gage Repeatability and Reproducibility (GR&R), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), correlation studies and capability studies.
- Evaluate drawings to determine the best method to measure a part as well as work with and provide feedback to engineering.
- Provide data and reports that easily convey dimensional differences visually.
- Understand, support, and contribute to current Molex Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma, International Standards Organization (ISO) and Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) Management Systems by following stated policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Technical Field or 5+ years of experience in Metrology Lab desired
- 1+ years of experience with CAD/CAE/CAM files
- 3+ years of experience in dimensional inspection desired
- 2+ years CMM programming desired
- Zeiss Calypso programming highly desired
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Solid working knowledge of GD&T application (ASME Y14.5-2009)
- Good mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong self starter with ability to work independently or with minimal direction.
- Recognizes failures and set-up problems.
- Exercises good judgment to determine problem areas and need for appropriate verification and improvement
- Organized and meticulous
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
Make the world smarter, safer and better for everyone. At Molex, we’re a global team of innovators who design and create solutions for businesses where data, technology and the complex electronic solutions that harness them are being transformed by rapid change. Join us and be part of the expert team that’s improving lives through greater connectivity.
Molex, A Koch Company
We are part of a team of 130,000 individuals from around the globe, working to improve life’s essential products. Things like food, clothing, water, transportation and technology. With locations in nearly every U.S. state and in 60 countries, Koch companies offer abundant opportunities to make contributions that matter.
To ensure we can bring our customers the most innovative electronic solutions, we’ve acquired some outstanding companies. Their experienced people, groundbreaking products and leading-edge technologies help us deliver a wider array of solutions to more markets and geographic areas than ever before.