Position – Quality Assurance Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Faridabad, Haryana, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Motors and Generators is a global technology leader in reliable high efficiency Motors and Generators. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Engineer Quality Assurance role, reporting to the Manager Quality located in Faridabad. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining quality systems to support internal and external quality standards and participating with internal teams in quality system implementation and serving as ongoing support for quality issues.
- Developing & preparing the quality plans for in-process & final inspection according to the control plane for the various processes on the shop floor.
- Defining processes and procedures in accordance with standard requirements and ABB Group procedures, directives, and policies on quality and issue SOP for the process.
- Performing periodic internal process audits to check the compliance of activities with requirements, procedures, and directives.
- Preparing non-conformity reports and investigates their resolution.
- Analyzing customer complaints and initiating preventive actions, aligning quality processes as per customer requirements through process audits & mistake-proofing methods.
- Submitting countermeasure reports to customers in case of line complaints or warranty failures in desired formats i.e. 5WHY, 8D, RCA (Root Cause Analysis Report).
- Collecting and maintaining data on key performance indicators i.e cost of poor quality, process audits, and customer complaints.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years experience in Induction motor manufacturing / rotating machines.
- Experience in grey iron castings & CNC machining processes.
- Experience in painting and plating process.
- Lean 6 sigma knowledge.
- Well convergent with PPAP documentation.
- Hands-on experience on SPC & MSA.
- Internal Auditor for ISO9001, 14001 & 45001.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (preferably in English). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning.