Position – Project Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity, and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as a Project Engineer and will be part of the Motion business for a Large Motors and generators division based in Vadodara, India. In this role, you will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for creating or modifying the pre-engineered design of equipment, systems, or installations for assignments classified as low complexity by applying standard design concepts.
- Responsible for processing orders in the engineering department meeting customer specifications and ABB standards
- Responsible for delivering customer documentation, bill of materials, and all required manufacturing/procurement specifications on time and with good quality using ABB tools
- Coordinating with other stakeholders to ensure smooth order processing and provide technical support to other departments whenever required
- Adherence to the ABB code of conduct and integrity and practicing the same
- Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Design Engineer
- Minimum 3 years of experience in motors/generators design environment preferred
- Know the basics of Mechanical design of rotating electrical machines (motors and generators)
- Hands-on experience with 2D and 3D modeling and drafting software (AutoCAD and Unigraphics preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP software like SAP preferred
More about us
The Large Motors and Generators Division offers a comprehensive product portfolio of large AC motors and generators. From general-purpose to highly customized designs, synchronous motors, and high-voltage induction motors provide high efficiency, reliability, and availability across all major industries and applications, including some in the toughest and most demanding environments. The division also has a long track record of designing and building generators for a wide range of industries, including power generation, marine, oil and gas, mining, and data centers. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all who fit the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for the recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals/entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions, you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to the detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. Work model: on site