Position – Production Engineer
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
This is Production Engineer role, reporting to Production Manager in Motion division located in Bangalore. Ensure efficient and cost-effective production results that meet order demand, specifications, quality, and planning targets through the coordination and management of plant equipment, personnel, and production processes (quantity, quality, budgeted costs and proper productivity level).
- Determines actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources.
- Adherence to set programs, projects, goals, and metrics to take the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working hours throughout Operations. Collaborates with Operational Excellence teams to integrate lean manufacturing principles into production processes.
- Executes plans to reduce non-value added costs, increase revenues, and delight customers by delivering products on time with high factory and supplier yields and decreasing product field failure rates. Ensures that 4Q Program (the standard ABB process improvement methodology) training and methods are implemented into the production.
- Provide support to Sales during customer visits to explain capabilities of the manufacturing facilities.
- Ensures compliance with Group health, safety and environmental directives and that regulations are implemented, while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Ensures (with Production Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Diploma in Electrical/Mechanical engineering with 3 to 5 years experience of Rotating Machines, preferably in traction motor manufacturing.
More about us
The IEC LV Motors Division is a global market leader focused on helping industries, cities, infrastructure and transportation increase energy efficiency. The division offers a full range of energy efficient low voltage motors, including SynRM (synchronous reluctance) motors to help customers reduce power bills and cut emissions. With rugged designs, a global footprint and application expertise, IEC LV motor solutions have a well-earned reputation of improving reliability and productivity in the most demanding applications. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. #LI-Onsite