Position – Customer Support Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Customer Support Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business. This is an Customer Support Specialist role, reporting to Local Division SCM in Process Automation Business Area, based out of Vadodara; India. You will be primarily responsible to lead the planning and order-fulfilment function of ABB Turbocharging India’s sourcing business.Your goal will be ensuring accurate information-flow, on-time delivery, and speed of execution of ABB Turbocharging India’s sourcing business.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across the supply-chain to ensure accurate information-flow to manufacturing units of ABB Turbocharging overseas.
- Ensure timely fulfilment of export orders in accordance with local tax laws, local ABB, and group guidelines.
- Oversee export documentation as per Local Tax, Customs and ABB rules and Regulation.
- Plan export logistics while coordinating with internal operations teams and external logistics partners such as CHA and freight forwarders etc.
- Provide insights and lead continuous improvement projects on processes, reporting, and metrics.
- Monitoring KPIs and analyzing the delivery failures, inventory, forecasts to come up with strategies to improve future performance.
- Preparing and disturbing reports, analysis, data to multiple stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, good to have Professional qualification in Supply Chain/ logistic Area.
- 3 – 6 years of experience as a Customer Support Engineer or similar role required, preferably in a global/ multicultural environment.
- Highly skilled communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Must possess sound knowledge of excel, export logistics, and SAP tool.
- Should understand End-to-End Sourcing, planning and order-fulfilment processes & its implications in a manufacturing industry.
- Preferable to have practical knowledge of SAP ERP.
- Required written and verbal fluency in Indian & English language.
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning. We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.