Position – Category Specialist
Company – ABB
Location – Faridabad, Haryana
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
This is a Category Specialist role, reporting to the Head Supply Chain Management in Business Area – Motion located in Faridabad. You will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category or group of categories.
- Leveraging the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implementing effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy and ensuring that the supply base/suppliers have the capability, capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Ensuring all relevant parties understand strategies and executing processes accordingly.
- Negotiating agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews price lists, terms and conditions and leading supplier negotiation to meet optimum pricing.
- Adapting corporate contractual framework to the local business needs and recommending frame agreements to management and executing upon approval.
- Ensuring identification, investigation and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with company policies.
- Defining and establishing local standard agreements with all major suppliers.
- Contributing and participating in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework.
- Ensuring the category sourcing performance targets are achieved (cost reduction, cash improvement).
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- B.E/ B. Tech in Mechanical or equivalent from a reputed university.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain – strategic function from low voltage (LV) motor back ground.
- Must have good strategic sourcing & negotiation skill.
- Must have contracts & supplier agreement.
- Must have worked on commodity such as electrical steel, copper, shaft, bearings, sheet metal, insulation paper & castings.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply.
ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions.
For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning