Position – Maintenance Engineer
Company – Yara
Location – Babrala, Uttar Pradesh, IN
About the Unit
For over a century, Yara has worked to feed the world and protect the planet, and our mission is to do this in a responsible and sustainable way. Yara delivers solutions for sustainable agriculture and the environment. Their fertilizers and crop nutrition programs help produce the food required for the growing world population. Yara’s industrial products and solutions reduce emissions, improve air quality and support safe and efficient operations.
Founded in Norway in 1905, Yara has a worldwide presence with production and sales and services operations across countries i.e. America, Europe, Africa and Asia, with more than 17,000 employees, sales to 150 countries and sales revenue of more than 14 billion USD. Safety is always the top-most priority.
Yara Fertilisers India Pvt Ltd is a 100% subsidiary of Yara International ASA. Yara has supplied fertilisers as well as fertilizer raw materials to the Indian market for over two decades. Yara India has continuously strengthened its footprint in Western and Southern India by providing Crop nutrition solutions with combination of Premium products and Knowledge through unique Farmer centric approach.
Yara’s philosophy is to connect with thousands of farmers at the grass root level and has a strong commitment to serving the agriculture sector in India, thereby improving the livelihood of Indian farmer. To leverage on this and to expand into the northern & eastern geographies of India, Yara acquired Tata Chemicals’ 1.2 MN MT Urea plant in UP, Northern India. With this acquisition Yara India’s scale of operation has grown significantly.
Safety Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow safe work procedure and rules.
- Conduct and review systematically the risk assessment with respect to equipment, activity and workplace.
- Take corrective action on unsafe conditions/act raised by supervisors / workers.
- Participate in plant safety committee meetings and raise the safety concern. (Those who are the member of SHE Committee).
- Visit seriously injured person at hospital/ home and report to the concerned plant manager and head of safety department.
- Organize training and safety talks. 4.8.7 Ensure investigation of each Accident / Incident / Near Miss occurring in the department. Implement remedial measures to avoid recurrence.
- Control the exposure of substances hazardous to health. 4.8.8 Help the manager in compliance of statutory provisions pertaining to safety.
- Follow safety work permit.
- EMS Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring operation & maintenance of plants and machineries by following documented control procedures and checklists so as to prevent and control environmental impacts of activities.
- Ensuring proper collection, reception treatment, transport, storage and disposal of hazardous waste i.e. waste from paints, waste oil, oil emulsions and discarded containers of hazardous chemicals in the Department. Ensure that all Chemicals (Process and Non-process) which are used, handled, stored and imported (from other plant) in your plant should be properly assessed for environmental risk and their control measures, and NO new chemical and equipment should be introduced without assessment and taking the control measures required.
- Ensuring timely reporting / responding to environmental incidences / deviations and taking corrective and preventive actions so as to avoid recurrence.
- He is responsible for all day to day maintenance activities executed in his area including Loco and AC Plant. He reports to Manager-Sectional. His responsibilities includes:
- He is to establishing, documenting, implementing IMS procedure in his area. To ensure proper Record / Data / Document control in his area. To identify and resolve Non-conformities in his area in consultation with Manager-Sectional.
- Maintaining and up keeping of all the items in his maintenance shop ,including all tools & tackles, in good working condition. In addition to this he is also responsible for Good House Keeping of the concerned areas.
- Assisting the Manager-Sectional in Turn Around job planning.
Education & Experience
Education : Candidate should be B.Tech – Mechanical
Experience : Candidate Should have 2 to 5 years of Experience . Experience from Fertilizer Industry will be preferred.
Contact details Preeti Sanghi – Sr. Manager – HR
Apply no later than – 30th March, 2022
Job Segment: Maintenance, Agricultural, Maintenance Engineer, Engineer, Sustainable Agriculture, Manufacturing, Agriculture, Engineering