Position – Design Engineer
Company – Xylem Water Solutions India Private Ltd
Exp. – 0 to 4 years
Location – Vadodara
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: ………..
India Technology Centre seeks to hire a Design Engineer. As a member of the NPD team, I will work with Engineers/Managers globally on product development; value Engineering, Legacy conversion, analysis, and other product development projects. Execute projects for the Global Engineering center that may include calculations, detailed analysis, and production of Pro-E/Creo models and drawings. The Development Engineer works from India technology Centre and has to coordinate with other Engineers & leaders to ensure timely completion of the projects given by the Xylem global engineering centers
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively and correctly apply engineering concepts to design situations with minimal assistance/guidance.
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
- Appropriately and correctly apply Pro-E/Creo and advanced design tools.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 0 to 2 years’ experience in design development, CAD (Pro-E/Creo), AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Creo is a must.
- Knowledge of Plastic design preferred.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD.
Additional Skills / Responsibilities:
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Interpersonal skills & Effective communication in English are musts.
- Knowledge of foundry, machining, and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of international & industry (Pump) standards.
- Beneficial to have experience with setting up tests in labs.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)(Bullets) Example Below:
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)(Bullets) Example Below:
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours