Position – Engineer Design
Company – Xylem
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Engineer – Mechanical Design at Vadodara India Technology Center.
The Engineer works from India technology Centre and has to coordinate with other Engineers & leaders locally and globally to ensure timely completion of the projects. Execute activities / projects for the Engineering organization that may include analytical calculations, concept development, and production 3D models and 2D manufacturing drawings.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Effectively and correctly apply engineering concepts to suit design requirements with minimal assistance / guidance.
- Deliver the small to big scale Projects with Cross functional teams.
- Complete project assignments per established schedules.
- Appropriately and correctly apply design tools. ( Creo Parametric / Autocad)
- Work within the design engineering team for development of new products from conceptualization through production launch.
- Ensure the product design meets desired performance, regulatory and reliability requirements, with the use of engineering tools such as tolerance analysis, 3D CAD modeling, Manufacturing drawings.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
0 to 3 years’ experience in design development, (Tools – Creo, Creo Simulate)
- M.E. / MTech, Mechanical / Turbomachinery
- Strong Technical fundamentals in Machine Design and Fluid Hydraulics.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge in basic concepts of foundry, machining and fabrication processes.
- Knowledge of international & industry standards for Rotating Equipment design.
- Knowledge and Ability to apply engineering concepts.
- Knows & uses the fundamental concepts, practices & procedures of particular field of specification.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive
- goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative and have demonstrated
- experience working with cross functional teams
- A high-energy, self-motivated, results oriented individual
- Strong technical, communication, and inter-personal capabilities
- strong sense of urgency
- Listens and works well in team environment
- Learns new concepts quickly and autonomously
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Searches out the best practice with continuous improvement mindset
- Fluency in English language is must
- Capable of working with cross functional teams
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones
- Experience in Design and Development of Centrifugal; Pumps, Rotating Equipment or Turbines.
- Experience in System Design or Application Engineering exposure in Water business.
- Knowledge of DMAIC / DFSS – Six-Sigma
- Knowledge in Project Management & Tracking tools
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Working in Test lab area, Visiting supplier and witness the qualification criterion.