Position – Senior Engineer, Engineering
Company – Whirlpool Corporation
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
ABOUT WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit, Yummly and InSinkErator. In 2022, the company reported approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 61,000 employees and 56 manufacturing and technology research centers. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com.
This role in summary
PURPOSE: Responsible for the design and development of component(s)/module by preparing concepts in Mechanical Structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Hands on experience in designing sheet metal and Plastics components
- Knowledge of Sheet metal and Plastic manufacturing processes.
- Exposure in developing and evaluation of concepts in terms of engineering hand calculations, the use of simulation results in design development.
- Proficient in DFMEA & exposure to Design requirement specification & evaluation.
- Experience in new product development, prototyping, evaluation & validation through requirement specification and project implementation.
- Exposure/experience of working in a global engineering team environment.
- Participate in all design reviews and Integration events.
- Apply DFx( DFA,DFM, DFR,DFS, DFSS) methodologies in Design in consultation with SMEs
- Delivery of Subsystem/module Designs to meet the time, cost & at quality targets
- Should be able to drive cost out projects to generate savings
- Release of detailed drawings
Your responsibilities will include
- Proficient in GD&T, DFM & DFA methodologies.
- Knowledge of Design Standards, variation analysis, VAVE methodology
- Basic awareness and understanding of materials used in the product category.
- Should be able to perform hand calculations to predict designs
Preferred skills and experiences
B.Tech-Mech/ BE Mech
AGE / EXP
- 3-6 yrs Experience of manufacturing / Design experience
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it’s like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.