Wabtec is Hiring | Specialist, Quality Manufacturing |
Position – Specialist, Quality Manufacturing II
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bahadurgarh, Haryana, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at:
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Key missions of the position:
- Ensure that the QSE System is respected
- Ensure that EHS & IPQ targets are met
- Ensure deployment of group Quality & SE strategy within the site.
- Ensure Implementation of relevant clause requirements of WMS & IMS / IRIS
- Represent Customers within the company on Quality matters (communication/Escalation)
- Product physical & Chemical Testing as per QAP / drawing requirements
- Ensure Pre Inspection as per the defined frequency in QAP.
- Conduct final testing as per QAP along with the RDSO inspector.
- Preparation the test reports as per customer requirements & submission to RDSO for final product approval.
- Preparation/maintenance & adherence of lab test procedure.
- Initiate QRQCs in the case of test failures (due to design, product, process failures)
- Ensure that all the process quality issues are managed through QRQC methodology.
- Ensure active participation in Line QRQC & Production QRQC. Verify the Lessons Learnt used in the PFMEA to reduce RPN and respected.
- Perform Measurement System Analysis & Statistical Process Control Studies in line with agreed plans
- Ensure that Design Standards are respected, are Critical characteristics identified & defined in PFMEA & control plans and respected.
- Resolve Customer complaints/issues pertaining to Production lines & actively participate in customer complaints handling for reducing the zero km and warranty failures.
- Ensuring the implementation of assigned activities under Quality VSM & Quality WMS, as applicable.
- Responsible for achievement of target sets for the area responsible.
- Motivating and involving subordinates in Quality Improvement plans like Kaizen, Suggestion Scheme, QRQC and other improvement activities
People Management: No
Budget Management: No
- Education/Training: What education and education level are necessary for the position?
- Diploma / B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Professional Experience: How many years of professional experience in a specific professional area are required for the position?
- 2 – 5 years in Quality Assurance / Engineering or Automotive industry.
- Key Competences (Transversal/Professional)
Competence & Level
- Computer Knowledge: Operational / Autonomous
- Product Knowledge & Manufacturing Processes, Project Management, PFMEA, Control Plan: Operational / Autonomous
- Customer specification, PDI, and Customer inspection module: Operational / Autonomous
- EHS Procedures, Processes & Practices: Operational / Autonomous
Languages – Hindi & English
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.