Position – Project Quality Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Key missions of the position:
- Managing Projects Quality Activities (Brakes / Couplers)
- Managing Customer Requirements & Deliverables
- Achieving Departmental & Company KPIs
- Having good knowledge in Project Management concepts
- Understanding the needs of Customers on Quality Perspective
- Maintaining Timelines for Projects
- Maintaining Project Deliverables with internal & external teams
- Communications with Internal & External stakeholders
- Well versed with Quality assurance processes & systems
- Having good knowledge in Basic Mechanical Engineering Concepts
- Having good analytical skills
- Managing Internal & External Non-Conformities
- Experience in handling Measuring Instruments
- Carry out part & sub-assembly level inspections
- Implementing New systems / processes as improvement (Poka-Yoke/Kaizens, etc…)
- Additional Qualification : NDT / Welding Qualifications
Qualification : B.E / B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
- Additional Qualification: NDT / Welding Qualifications
Experience : 0 to 3 years of experience
- Project Management Managing Internal & External Customer Requirements
- Analysis Knowing to apply Quality Tools
- English Communication Reading & Writing
- Inspection Handling & Utilizing appropriate Instruments
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Company
Want to move the world? Want to innovate and bring that innovation to life?
At Wabtec, we are in the business of realizing potential – that of the transportation industry, and yours!
Wabtec celebrates thinkers and doers. Our values included in the About Us page are rooted in innovation, collaboration, inclusiveness, and continuous improvement to solve our customers’ toughest challenges. Whether your talents lie in digital solution development, next-gen manufacturing, advanced service delivery, or the spectrum of business functions that support them, Wabtec literally has a world of opportunity for you across our global network.
Our employees are the architects of the future. Where will you be tomorrow?