Position – Service Engineer
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu
Job Description :
- The job envisages providing After Sales Support for the Company’s products fitted for Metro Rail project/s across India.
- Responsible for providing practical hands-on technical and analytical expertise in train systems, supporting both train maintenance and reliability improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate defect trends and to correct failures and obtain rectification data in order to reduce repeat failures and prevent in-service defects
- Assist the Service Manager to determine priorities for defect rectification and deferred repairs.
- Proposing preventive measures to minimize customer complaints based on the detailed investigation of the complaints in the field.
- Promote principles of 5S in good housekeeping.
- Actively Implement total quality systems as part of compliance with the company’s Policy.
- Performing any other duties which the company may reasonably require
Qualification: B.E Mechanical
Experience : 3 to 5 years
Position – Engineer – LEAD Program
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Technology Internship Program is a prestigious internship program for college students who have a passion for technology, a drive for excellence, and share in Wabtec’s core values. The program participants will have an opportunity to obtain exposure to real-life / real-time industrial product development. The program will facilitate to accelerate participants’ technology development through a variety of business-critical assignments. The typical internship duration is for about 6-months for the pre-final and final year students.
Qualifications & Characteristics
- Candidates shall have a bachelor’s or master’s degree with proven academic track record from institutes of repute
- Mechanical / Aerospace / or allied engineering streams with background/specialization in Structures, Dynamics, Thermal / Fluid Systems, IC Engines, Tribology, Material Science, Manufacturing, Testing & Validation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
The interns have the following responsibilities
- Effectively perform mechanical designs under the guidance of the assigned mentor
- Learn required design and analysis software to execute the project
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to perform assigned tasks
- Propose and implement new design/analyses techniques and methodologies
- Demonstrate sound written and oral communication skills and agility in coping up with real-life business situations
- Project Streams & Activities for Mechanical Engineering Internship
- Design, performance evaluation, analysis, and validation of subsystems such as mechanical structures, IC engines, cooling & ventilation equipment
- Carry out stress analysis, vehicle dynamics, thermo-mechanical design, engine performance optimization for power/emissions/fuel consumption, engine design for multi-fuel systems (bio/diesel/gas), mechatronics design, design of hybrid power plant with combined diesel & battery or battery-only, design of sensors and associated data analysis & root cause analysis.
- Apply principles of design for manufacturing, assembly & Service (DFMAS), design for reliability (DFR), design for six sigma (DFSS). Use design tools such as Ansys / ADAMS / GT Power / FEMFAT / LMS Suite / Fluent / and many other in-house developed tools and technologies
- Use the in-house test labs (e.g., fatigue, combustion, vibrations, material characterization, etc.) for design validation, develop instrumentation for performing product validation
Position – Coupler System Engineer
Location – Tamil Nadu
- Lead the Engineering team in India and in other sites as a project core team member.
- Ensure the correct transfer of the technical documents prepared during tender phase to the project team
- Ensure that all technical requirements and demands by the Customer are covered by the defined Engineering-Scope. Technical risks are identified and covered.
- To asses all non-recurring costs
- Be the technical face of Wabtec Coupler system in front of the customer
- Prepare and discuss with the customer, about technical proposal in line with the Division strategy.
- Involvement as technical support for Marketing activities
- Manage the product development plan, with focus on implementation, integration, and verification. It shall cover all the aspects of Couplers involved in the project, including RAMS.
- Approve all changes to engineering budget, schedule, requirements and deliverables.
- Manage the customer gate reviews, ensuring a proper preparation by the project team and a positive achievement of the milestone.
- Ensure that Verification & Validation is properly planned, performed and documented
- Ensure that that the delivered product, as the sum of all sub-functions and subsystems, performs as requested to fulfil the Customer contract, the internal Wabtec requirements and the safety requirements.
- Strong link to WABTEC global Coupler BU in terms of standardization, cost reduction, catalog building and usage
- Knowledgeable in Coupler Engineering
- Good knowledge of specific customers requirements on Coupler system
- Knowledge of the competition in terms of Coupler solutions
- Strong communication skills
- High customer focus
- Mindset to work in global environment and interaction with counterparts across other sites in Europe/USA
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent domain
- 8 to 10 years of total experience (Minimum 5 years of relevant experience on Coupler systems, Minimum 3 years of experience of leading a team in projects)