Position – Intern – Mechanical Component
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Candidates shall have a bachelor’s or master’s degree with a proven academic track record from institutes of repute
- Mechanical / Aerospace / or allied engineering streams with background/specialization in Structures, Dynamics, Thermal / Fluid Systems, IC Engines, Tribology, Material Science, Manufacturing, Testing & Validation
- Soft Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in teams
- Strong problem-solving skills
Technology Internship Program is a prestigious internship program for college students who have a passion for technology, a drive for excellence, and share in Wabtec’s core values. The program participants will have an opportunity to obtain exposure to real-life/real-time industrial product development. The program will facilitate to accelerate participants’ technology development through a variety of business-critical assignments. The typical internship duration is for about 6-months for the pre-final and final year students.
The interns have the following responsibilities
Effectively perform mechanical designs under the guidance of the assigned mentor Learn required to design and analyze software to execute the project Collaborate with a cross-functional team to perform assigned tasks Propose and implement new design/analyses techniques and methodologies
Demonstrate sound written and oral communication skills and agility in coping up with real-life business situations
Project Streams & Activities for Mechanical Engineering Internship
- Design, performance evaluation, analysis, and validation of subsystems such as mechanical structures, IC engines, cooling & ventilation equipment
- Carry out stress analysis, vehicle dynamics, thermo-mechanical design, engine performance optimization for power/emissions/fuel consumption, engine design for multi-fuel systems (bio/diesel/gas), mechatronics design, design of hybrid power plant with combined diesel & battery or battery-only, design of sensors and associated data analysis & root cause analysis.
- Apply principles of design for manufacturing, assembly & Service (DFMAS), design for reliability (DFR), design for six sigma (DFSS). Use design tools such as Ansys / ADAMS / GT Power / FEMFAT / LMS Suite / Fluent / and many other in-house developed tools and technologies
- Use the in-house test labs (e.g., fatigue, combustion, vibrations, material characterization, etc.) for design validation, develop instrumentation for performing product validation
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.