Position – Engineer-Mechanical Engineering
Company – Wabtec
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Platform Engineer will play the key role of owning the technical responsibility of Locomotive Platform (Underframe) sub system development and ensure design complies with subsystem / System level requirements.
- Lead the Design and Development of Platform subsystem components for locomotives following robust Engineering Process.
- Capture and consolidate all requirements, develop & finalize concepts with trade-off analysis, identify technical risks and develop solutions, coordinate the platform component interface work with other subsystems and ensure compliance with customer, regulatory and WABTEC specifications.
- Guide CAD team to develop the concepts, drawings also guide FEA team to define load and boundary conditions
- Must lead design of locomotive platform components covering various types of projects like NPI, requisition, productivity, service productivity & reliability while partnering all the stakeholders like system, sourcing, manufacturing & services etc.
- Must lead projects by adhering to WABTEC processes and guide the cross functional teams to support assigned projects; meeting business standards and program / product requirements.
- Bachelors /Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in areas heavy fabrication like material selection, weld design, weld strength calculations with exposure to international standards (AWS, EN etc)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong analytical skills.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology with a passion and aptitude for both core Mechanical Engineering and allied streams.
- Prior experience in Mechanical Design/ Structures Engineering or relevant area.
- Solves technical challenges through regular application of domain for problem solving and applies strong analytical mindset to solve these complex problems with an innovative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong customer focus, ability to understand the value proposition for the customer, and commitment to deliver the best value proposition.
- Able to engage positively across multiple departments to establish clarity, vision, and mutual trust to achieve business goals.
- Contributes to creative solutions and challenges the status quo.
- Proactively learns new tools and identifies opportunities for improvement and promotes their adoption.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.