Position – Brakes System Engineer(PRE)
Company – Wabtec
Location – Tamil Nadu
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Lead as Brake System Project Engineering Manager with team of engineers reporting functionally in India and in other sites.
- Ensure correct handover of brake system contractual technical specifications from tendering team after business award.
- Ensure that all technical requirements and demands by the Customer are fulfilled deliverables in the scope of Engineering.
- Ensure Technical risks are identified and covered throughout the project.
- To manage, control and report all non-recurring costs pertaining to engineering deliverables.
- Be single point of contact to customer for Engineering for specific project on Brake system.
- Prepare and discuss with the customer, about technical proposal in line with the Division strategy.
- Manage the engineering project plan, with focus on implementation, integration, verification and homologation. It shall cover all the products involved in the project, including software.
- Approve all changes to engineering budget, schedule, requirements and deliverables.
- Ensure system and product design reviews at specific project gates
- Manage customer gate reviews, ensuring a proper preparation by the project team and a positive achievement of the milestone.
- Ensure that Verification & Validation is properly planned, performed and documented
- Ensure that that the delivered product, as the sum of all sub-functions and subsystems, performs as requested to fulfil the Customer contract, the internal Faiveley requirements and the safety requirements.
- Manage within the project team the brake system commissioning, ensuring the respect and the management of all homologation and certification requirements.
- Support to customer technical queries and product issues until the end of warranty phase
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent domain
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of relevant experience on brake systems & control, from Automotive / Rolling stock / Brake system manufacturer
- Knowledge of standards, application and customer requirements on automotive or rolling stock for braking system
- Knowledge on Brake Control Electronics and Software is an advantage
- Minimum 3 years of experience of leading a team in projects
- Strong communication skills
- High customer focus
- Mindset to work in global environment with interaction with counterparts across other sites in Europe.
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment, we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences, and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.