Position – Apprentice
Company – Wabtec
Location – Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh, IN
Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions, and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation, and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make your and someone else’s life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Learning attitude and adaptability to diverse environments.
- Eager to work on locomotives and associated systems/equipment for performing service activities like scheduled / unscheduled maintenance / Heavy Maintenance/wreck Repair.
- Required to work in shifts and during odd hours as per needs.
- Must have a logical and analytical aptitude for diagnosing faults, performing a quality job, and following work instructions as per given guidelines.
- Must be a disciplined and organized person.
In this role, the incumbent will be able to learn various aspects of diesel locomotive maintenance while getting hands-on experience and working on various direct and indirect activities in the maintenance shed,
- Diploma Engineer from Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, EEE branch
- Minimum percentage for High School & Diploma – 60% and above
Desired Characteristics :
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot faults in Locomotive systems and perform specific job works
- Should be comfortable in learning & adopting IT systems for monitoring & maintaining Locomotives
- Follow instructions to promote safe & environmentally compliant work practices
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity, and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences, and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.